Two Main Aims for Creating a Blog:
- You just love blogging and sharing content with people like any Youtuber who likes to make vlogs.
- You want to generate a revenue through your blog.
If you want to create your blog and earn money through it. Starting with a free Blogger Platform would be best. Why?
Blogger Vs Wordpress:
is a free blogging platform offered by Google that you can use to make your free blog. Hosting would be free for your blog.
- Blogging requires a bit of web development skills to give tweaks to your template and in Blogger you can customize your template very easily.
- You can find millions of tutorials online for Blogger
- Easy to use and navigate.
- Don’t require a great amount of investment to kick-start as a professional blogger.
Wordpress has two platforms basically: one isand other is (Wordpress org) .WordPress .com is just like Blogger and Wordpress .Org is a software that you can use to create a website. For that you need to have a domain name and hosting plan.
- Themes are professional but can’t be customized easily.
- Very few tutorials about Wordpress themes.
- Uses complex scripting like php that a newbie can’t understand.
- Comments can’t be restricted and anyone can comment.
I strongly recommend Blogger, if you are a newbie, and master some primary web development skills to give tweaks to your template.
Monetize your Blog:
- Publishing ads: Apply ads to your blog using Google Adsense and BuySell ads and generate revenue.
- Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing is promoting a product through your blog and whenever someone buys something through your affiliate link then in return you will earn commission.
- Sell your Products: The last but not the least way to earn through your blog is by selling your services on your blog.
The above article is a reprint from Quora:
Should I make blogs on blogspot or make own WordPress site (Free one) and how to monetize the blogs?